These have been around a long time with many variations in the name so attempting to credit the original recipe writer is proven (for me) to be rather impossible. Here is my version of Chocolate Oatmeal Bars.
|A batch of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Dough|
|Melted: chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, butter and vanilla|
|Parchment Paper: One of my tricks in the kitchen|
|13 x 9 x 2 Pyrex Dish|
|Line Pyrex dish with Parchment Paper|
|Load in about two-thirds of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Dough: press down|
|Pour over melted chocolate goodness and make sure you lick the spoon|
|Dollop remainder of dough over melted chocolate|
|Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes|
|Let sit for about 30 minutes (if you can), then pull out of Pyrex pan|
Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
1 Batch of your favorite Oatmeal Cookie Dough (homemade or purchased)
1 Bag (12 oz) Chocolate Chips
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbl Butter
2 tsp Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a double-boiler or saucepan melt the chocolate chips, condensed milk and butter. Once melted remove from heat and add vanilla.
2. Line a 13 x 9 x 2 Pyrex Dish with parchment paper. Take about two-thirds of the Oatmeal Cookie Dough and press into the bottom of your pan.
3. Pour over all of melted chocolate mixture.
4. Dollop remaining Oatmeal Cookie Dough over the melted chocolate evenly.
5. Bake about 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
I'm linking up with Debbie at her Tuesday at the Table feature. This week she's got a sweet feature too which shouldn't be missed. By the way I made her Quiche recipe from last week for a brunch I hosted on Sunday morning and it was absolutely delicious!
Hope you all have a productive Tuesday,
|Quiche Recipe from Debbie at A Quilter's Table|